Taking care of our skin is perhaps the most important present we can ever give ourselves. There are so many benefits that come with proper skincare. We all know it helps our bodies to fight off bacteria and other pathogens lurking in the environment.
With so many skin diseases out there, it is only natural that you give your skin the best protection in the form of homemade CBD lotions and creams.
CBD (full name: Cannabidiol) is a chemical and medicinal compound extracted from the cannabis plant. Sold as supplements at online stores and selected retail malls, CBD oil is revealed to have several benefits for our skin. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduces inflammation. CBD has been proven to be effective in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions. CBD works the magic by calming the immune system while easing the discomfort experienced. In fact, expert studies have revealed that CBD oil has paved the way for more emerging anti-inflammatory drugs. In 2018, studies revealed that an experimental model of allergic dermatitis was eliminated by CBD.
- Reduces pain. CBD has also been proven to reduce arthritic pain, by simply applying it topically on affected areas.
- Improves anti-aging. Yes, you read correctly. CBD is a natural antioxidant to tackle free-radicals appearing on the skin. Free-radicals are a result of too much exposure to UV radiation, pollution, and other atmospheric toxins. These radicals make the skin undergo several negative changes that only CBD can reverse.
The fun part of it all is that you can make your homemade CBD lotion. To get started, you will need the following materials and ingredients.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup of unrefined shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of concentrated CBD oil. You can opt to use CBD tincture.
- Double boiler
- Glass container
- Hand blender
- Any pleasant essential oil.
- Grab a double boiler and fill the bottom with 2 inches of water. Set the heat to medium.
- Add shea butter and coconut oil into the double boiler. Stir the mix until it is melted and there are no lumps evident.
- Turn off the heat, and carefully transfer the oils on top of the water into a hand blender.
- When the oil mixture has cooled off, before adding aloe vera gel, any essential oil, and vegetable glycerin, and of course, the desired amount of CBD oil.
- Use the hand blender to mix everything, and you’re good to go.
By simply following these steps, you can make your own homemade CBD lotion. If you notice that the mix isn’t potent enough, you can add more CBD oil and mix it properly.
Plant Lifestylz is your one-stop destination for highly recommended CBD oil you can infuse in making your own homemade CBD lotion. Glance through our top picks and place an order today.