It is hardly surprising to note that there are so many talks and meaningful conversations raised about Cannabidiol (cool name: CBD) oil in the internet.
CBD oil isn’t just the new fad in town (has been existing for hundreds of years now; only making a grand comeback now), it is a natural supplement and a remedy for several ailments the young and old face today.
It is only natural that with several scientific research on CBD, there are satisfying results that show that CBD oil can be merged into several products for our daily consumption.
CBD, in recent times, can now be infused to make tinctures, vapes, concentrates, pills and capsules, creams, lotions, salves, gummies, candies, tea, and so much more. The interesting part of it all is that most of the aforementioned products can be made from the comfort of your home.
This article is going to focus on what CBD salve is, and how to make it.
What is CBD Salve?
CBD salve is a form of topical that has been infused with CBD and can be administered on the skin. Non-psychoactive in nature, there are several benefits that come with applying CBD salves directly on the skin.
While it can be used as a moisturizing lotion for massages, it is used to provide soothing for inflammation, chronic pain, arthritis, gout, and even skin stiffness. It can also be applied to boils, cuts, and scrapes as well.
After seeing the importance of having a CBD salve around, let’s get down to how you can prepare it at home. You’re going to need the following ingredients:
- ¼ cup of CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- Any pleasant essential oil
- ¼ cup of shea butter
Keep an eye out for the following materials in your kitchen:
- A large bowl
- A big pot
- Glass containers
- A hand towel
- Pour the shea butter, beeswax pastilles, and CBD oil into a large bowl.
- Pour water into a large pot till it is half-full. Place the bowl containing the ingredients inside the pot.
- Set the stove to medium and keep the stirring the mix in the bowl, till everything in it is melted.
- Turn off the stove and carefully remove the bowl from the pot. You should be careful not to spill the hot water in the pot.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before adding the essential oil.
- Stir until the mix is properly fused. Turn into a container and let it harden.
If you are planning to use a glass container to save your CBD salve, ensure the mixture is cool enough not to crack the glass.
Following these simple steps, you can make your own CBD salve from the comfort of your kitchen. For premium quality and highly recommended CBD oils, check out our excellent collection below.